Friday, July 20, 2007

Donner Lake Tri



















The Donner Lake Triathlon proved to be a challenging and rewarding experience for the crew of- Erin, Cameron, and I. Cameron decided to sign up at the last minute and proved to be a great contender for his first sprint triathlon (1/4 mile swim, 6 mile bike, 2 mile run). Erin also completed her first triathlon in the international distance (1 mile swim, 24.8 mile road bike, and 6.8 mile run). Donner Pass was not an easy climb on the bike for anyone (straight up for 1,000ft +) so it's great that Cameron, Erin, and I toppled defeat and pushed through anyways. I had a great time and felt challenged and happy for completing my 2nd full distance triathlon. I bumped into Amanda Hicks (now married with new last name but can't remember it) the day before the triathlon and discovered she was also competing in this event. I squeezed into the finish line with a completion time of 2hrs 55mins and taking 6th place for women under 35. Shannon Rahlves (the Olympic skier Daron Rahlves sister) not only competed in the sprint triathlon beating almost everyone (even men) but got right back in the water and did the international triathlon in our women's group!!!! Talk about tenacity! She was serious and I noticed men feeling a little smaller when standing next to her. That a girl!
Thanks to everyone for coming out and supporting us!!! We couldn't have done it without your support!

3 comments:

Darleen said...

Congratulations!! You are my envy. I think you and I need to train for something soon. I know we live on other sides of the country, but you would be my motivator. Oh, and you look really good...but you always look good. That's awesome Cameron was able to join the fun. And it was great to see a picture of your Mom again.

Unknown said...

Slyle,

Amazing per usual. Still my fitness hero 10 years later. love ya large
Reg

So excited to see you in a month!!!!!!!!

Katie said...

Wow, you are my hero!