Sunday, December 23, 2007

First Season Tour



Zach and I decided to take advantage of the new snowfall and headed North past Galena Summit. It was slightly overcast and very cold but once you start hiking on your skis it's amazing how quickly you warm up. Despite my slow progress Zach was a great leader. Of course we dug our avalanche pit and inspected the snow layering weakness levels. We felt good to move forward and had a nice decent through the new powder. I'll spare you the down hill photos (mostly because my form is not worth sharing) and just post of few of the hiking crew.

2 comments:

Darleen said...

How could you didn't snowboard? Oh, how I wish I was there playing. I haven't been boarding in so long and miss it tremendously.

jeannie said...

You look good, Sarah. Erin is thinking of taking up skiing again. Seems like boarding might be easier, but nice to be able to do both. xoxox