Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Old Friends


I had a visit from an old friend earlier this summer. Becca (now known as Mrs. B) is someone I have know since my middle school days in Reno. She is happily married and happened to be in Idaho for a family reunion. She had heard I lived in the area and bravely made the inquiry into my whereabouts via email. And I'm so happy she did! It was like nothing had changed when we saw each other again taking us back to our childhoods in Reno. Neither of us had changed a bit! Her contagious laugh and smile made me miss my old friend. It was wonderful to introduce her to my husband, and meet hers, show her around our home, and meet our 4-legged furry child, Lucy. It is fantastic to have such dear people in my life regardless of where life takes us. Thank you Becca for looking me up and I hope we cross paths again soon!

3 comments:

jeannie said...

How great to see Becca! Old friends are so wonderful to have. They know your roots. xoxo

Darleen said...

Becca told me she was coming to see you. How fun! I know...it's like nothing changes when you see Becca. She's great.

Unknown said...

Oh, Sarah, you are sweet. The pleasure of seeing you and catching up was all mine. There is nothing that warms my heart as much as catching up with old friends...yes, they know our roots, well said! They ARE our roots. Thanks for the nice email. It made my day! Much love, Becca