Thursday, September 29, 2011

Quick Portland Trip

Yikes, it's been a busy week!

Dax and I headed to Portland last weekend to visit my sister, Erin, and her fiance, Nik.  My mom was also in town to help celebrate Erin & Nik's engagement.  It was a whirlwind weekend which shows because I barely have any pictures to share.  Dax did very well traveling for the first time on an airplane and putting up with little napping and lot's of activity.
Gigi and Dax on top of the Apartment building where Erin & Nik live in Portland.
One of my favorite outings was visiting the swift migration.  Thousands of small birds roost every year in this old school chimney in Portland.  It's an amazing phenomenon.  Not sure if you can tell in my cell phone picture but the little flecks are fist sized birds circling into the school chimney.
Swift Bird migration
While we were away Zach was a busy worker and finished up more of our window trim (yes from last year) and did an excellent job.  It was awesome to come home to a clean house and new trim!  I'm thinking I should leave town more often :)

1 comment:

jeannie said...

It was so fun to see you and Dax! What a treat. Glad you made the trek. I have more pictures I'll send when I get home from this trip.