Monday, April 14, 2008

Grandmommy's Move


I just want to wish my Grandmother, Dorothy, 91, the best of luck on her new move to Reno from Texas. My mother is helping her make the big transition so my family can be closer to her and her needs. It will be a treat for all who aren't use to seeing her as much to visit more often (including me I hope). My mother, aunt, and cousins have been working hard on making her new home a comfortable and attractive place that she will feel welcome in. One of the toughest women I know, my grandmother has always grown the most amazing gardens from her lake house in Quinlan. To this day I know my grandmother can name any flower, plant, or living creature that comes across her path. I always wish I was as 'green thumbed' as she is. I love hearing the old stories of her and my grandfather growing up in Texas and their wild adventures. Grandmommy is a true Texas woman at heart but I know where ever she goes Texas won't leave her!


1 comment:

jeannie said...

That was beautifully said. We're hoping that she will adjust to the change in no time and she has said that she is looking forward to seeing you and Zach.