Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloooweeeennn!

I have to admit I was not really into Halloween this year until...about one hour before when Zach and I decided to dress up and we started getting trick-or-treater's. 30 kids in about 20 minutes! I didn't realize how many little tot's where in our neighborhood until they started showing up in swarms. Knowing most of their parents it was funny to see them watching the action in the background, enjoying their little monsters and princesses racing around for little pieces of candy. Zach and I recycled our costumes from last year that we used on our Grand Canyon trip down the Colorado. We spiced them up a little but managed to make "Napoleon & Dynamite" look pretty good. Our friends- Sarah, Jenna, and Willie where a skit from Saturday Night Live (Celebrity Jeopardy- Turd Furgason, Alex Trabeck, and Sean Connery).




I have found memories of being a kid in Reno, racing around on rollerblades trying to get the most candy. And I'll never forget when I got kidneystones one year and couldn't go trick-or-treating. Luckily, my sister Erin shared her candy with me.



I didn't have enough time to snap pictures of all the little kiddies at the door but did receive some adorable pictures from my sister, Addie, and her little ones dressed up! Avery was "Daisy LaDuke" and Callie was a "Yale cheerleader and Ariel".

4 comments:

ian and sarah said...

Oh my goodness - you're going to think I'm such a loser. I just NOW got the Napoleon and Dynamite connection! Earth to Sarah!!!!!

Darleen said...

Those little trick or treaters are crazy! We got a swarm of them too. I have SO many memories going trick or treating with you. I will never forget the first time I went to a haunted house--your Dad took you and me on Halloween. I about peed my pants I was so scared. I remember hiding behind your Dad and clunching on to his arm. I think I was only five.

jeannie said...

Your costumes are adorable. Glad you posted so many pictures for Halloween. It is a fun time for the kids and glad I got to see Callie and Avery in costume. Adults seem to get into it, too! I like staying home and looking at the little ones though. xoxo

Sarah said...

Darleen I don't remember the Haunted house but how scary! Glad you made it out ok ;)