Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Holiday Season Ketchup

I know, I know, I've been procrastinating on posting for Christmas and New Years. I was kind of waiting for my computer to be back up to speed after I installed a new operating system but it looks like I have to keep working at it. So despite the lack of pictures I'm going to post as vividly as possible.


Christmas was wonderful and relaxing celebrating with the Lathams! We had a great breakfast a' la Jean of tortilla egg casserole and then managed to open gifts like we were kids for the next few hours. We got a lot of snow on Christmas day so we spent most of the morning digging out ourselves, our cars, and our driveways. Zach and I managed to do a short ride on Nick's snow machines before I found myself stuck sideways in the powder. Zach went right into action digging out the sled and getting it back into action. No time for napping so we gathered again at Nick & Jean's for a fabulous turkey dinner with Mark & Patsy. Mark was the lucky receiver of this years re-gift Hostess fruit cake. Only 4,000 calories and will last for centuries! Lucy was in puppy heaven by the end of the night with her new stuffed duck thanks to Jen Lyons and Puckett!


The week of New Years we were excited to have the Winslows from Boston visit with us. We managed to squeeze in skiing everyday and a favorite restaurant every night. The Pioneer, DeVine, CK's, Christina's, Apple's, we really got around. It was fun visiting with dear friends and we appreciate all the effort it took them to reach us in our little mountain retreat. Hope they come back soon!

No comments: