Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mi Madre



My mom came to visit us this past weekend and we managed to pack as many activities in (per usual) in one weekend. Thursday my mom arrived after some interesting weather reports from Boise and went right to work with me on a job site. That night we had a lovely dinner with Zach's parents, Nick & Jean. Friday my mom and I had a great opportunity to do some skate skiing out North Fork with Lucy. My mom and sister, Erin, have both really gotten into skate skiing this past winter and I couldn't be more excited to share this great activity with them! A great lunch at Galena Lodge and then my mom and I managed to cook up a storm for the Walker family for the evening. Afterwards, we headed out to 310 Main for a DELICIOUS dinner with Zach. I can't believe this was only our first time there and we truly enjoyed Derek and Andrea's scrumptious eatery. Saturday my mom and I hiked up Quigly Mountain (thank goodness her ankle recovered) to get a great view of the snow covered towns below and the distant mountain peaks. Next we drove down to Shoshone to check out the local antique shops and then back up North for the Suns hockey game in Sun Valley, which is always a good time. So glad Willie and Jenna stopped in for a hello to my mom. Today, it was a great yoga session at Zenergy, over to Dev's studio, and then out Indian Creek to spend some QT with Zach's family. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone bye. We truly had a great visit with my mom and hope she comes back again soon :)!!!!!

4 comments:

zach latham said...

Thanks so much for coming Jeannie, S and I had such a fun time with you during your stay. Hope to see you back here soon!

ian and sarah said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend with your mom - I'm jealous! :)

Does Shoshone have good antiques? Never knew that.

jeannie said...

Thanks, Sarah and Zach, You are always so much FUN and so generous with your time. I'm lucky that you live in that great place, too, so I can see it often and at different seasons. Love you!

Regina Joseph Winslow said...

you guys are the best host's. We miss you lots and so glad you had a perfect weekend with Jeannie! Sarah, you nee to teach me how to blog. You are so crafty!!! xoxo