Thursday, September 8, 2011

Backyard Visitor

We had a visitor this morning at our back door.  I'm not sure who was more excited, Lucy or Zach!  My husband is on a mission to evacuate the little critter, quickly, and I can't help but sit back and chuckle as he goes into action.  Of course this is NO laughing matter!


Message from Zach to his Uncle Tony this morning:
Title: porcupine in my backyard...

Message: 
Up my pine tree, how am i going to get him out:

1. shoot him
2. trap him
3. wait for him to leave
4. take a broom and shoo him into a trash can as Idaho Fish and Game suggested
5. other
Which do you think is the best pick, 1 through 5?

zach.

My letter to the porcupine.

Message:

Mr. Porcupine,
Take it easy on my husband.  He get's a little excited when critters enter our backyard.  Keep in mind, one too many skunks have sprayed our dog.  I'm sure you were lost this morning and disappointed you ended up in a fenced yard with no food.  I can imagine you were waiting for a quiet moment when a flashlight wasn't shining or an angry voice wasn't shouting at you to make your exit.  You are admittedly a prickly creature to encounter.

I will let my husband seem relieved (even though disappointed) that you are gone and he won't be able to shoot you out of our tree.

Sincerely,
Entertained House Wife and Baby

1 comment:

jeannie said...

That is adorable. I can just see Zach and his project! Glad Lucy let the little critter escape without attacking.