Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Seattle




It's been over 10 years since I have visited this beautiful city. I have always felt like it is a 'cleaner' San Francisco because it rains so often. We were lucky to not have ANY rain while we were there for four days. Jean (Zach's mother) and I spent our time in the furniture showrooms, furniture stores, shopping, and attending wedding festivites for a friend. There is a lot of great resources for 'green' furniture in Seattle and I was happy to make those connections. We had time to visit the new public library (very contemporary in design), the SAM (Seattle Art Museum), Pioneer Square, and Pike's Market (which had amazing flowers and produce for even more amazingly cheap prices). I had a hard time not bringing home bundles of flowers on the plane. Thanks to Jean for making it such a wonderful experience! Looking forward to my next visit to Seattle!




2 comments:

Darleen said...

That sounds so much fun! I love furniture shopping, especially when you've got the dough. And Seattle I'm sure has great resources.

jeannie said...

Sarah, your pictures are publish worthy, too! Great job! Why can't I get those kind of pictures?