Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Reno/SF Visit










I had a wonderful trip to Reno to see my family and catch up on all the new happenings. My mother as always was a gracious and busy hostess. My sister, Addie, and my nieces, Callie and Avery were there as well, so the girls were taking over! My step-father, Ben (aka Grumpy), did a good job staying calm and collected in this gaggle of geese. Some of the activities we enjoyed were eating out, shopping, playing with the girls at the park, and getting our nails done. Visiting my grandmother's apartment was a sad and lonely feeling but I'm happy she didn't have to live in a hospital in her final days. After Addie had a surprising kidney stone attack at 1:30am and then surgery the following morning it felt like none of us got any rest. Luckily, she is ok and made it home safely to Tuscon with the little ones. Thank goodness Gigi was there to take her to the hospital and watch little Avery during surgery. I stayed busy trying to entertain Callie but she seemed just fine watching cartoons and looking for frogs in the backyard.








Erin, my mom, and I said goodbye to Addie and the girls and then headed South to San Francisco for the weekend. We met up with Jean and Katherine (Zach's mom and sister) at a great hotel on Union Square. A delicious dinner at Le Colonial (French Vietnamese) and then out to North Beach for entertainment and dessert. The next day we seemed to walk all over the city visiting the new Ferry Building (which has an AWESOME farmers market), riding the trolley and then shopping in every store possible. We were on the hunt for the MOB and the MOG's outfits for the upcoming wedding. I think between them they must have tried on over 100 dresses. But with luck at the last moment they both found beautiful options for the big day. A quick clean-up at the hotel and then out to AT&T baseball park for a game with Mariah. Treated like VIP's, thanks to my dad, Zach's mom almost got hit by a foul ball, we were captured dancing on the large jumbo screen and we got to take pictures with "Lou Seal" the Giants mascot. Lot's of fun!








Thanks girls for a great week/weekend and I look forward to seeing all again!








2 comments:

Darleen said...

Your Reno trip looks so fun! Does your mom still live in your childhood home?? Everyone looks great as always. Sorry about Addie and the kidney stone, but her daughters are adorable.

jeannie said...

Sarah, the visit was really great. Just what I needed. Grumpy loved having all of you here, too!