Monday, December 8, 2008

Xmas Tree Hunt 08

This was the first year we hunted for our tree with NO snow on the ground! My first thought was this will be easy. Little did I know that even though the trees are easier to get to we would still spend the same amount of time haggling over the perfect tree. I felt like the higher we climbed or the deeper in the forest we went we might find one with a halo of light surrounding it saying "Here I am the best Christmas tree ever". Not enough branches. Too tall. Too small. Too brown. Too Charely Brown. But regardless of which one we picked I think we would have loved it the same as soon as we got home and decorated it....which is exactly what happened! Zach used our new wedding chain saw (timber!) and it was easy for both of us to carry after dealing with firewood all autumn. Lucy had a GREAT time to say the least! She managed to sniff everything within a 5 mile radius of our tree. Good job gang!


2 comments:

jeannie said...

A lot of work for a Christmas tree, but OK, you have a wonderful tradition there. I want to see your tree decorated! House pictures, please. We have no snow either, as you know. Crossing our fingers. xoxo

ian and sarah said...

Isn't it crazy to have picked out a tree with NO snow!? Looks like you guys still had a great time, though. I'm jealous of your "real" tree!