Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Boulder 2009

The start:

The pro's:



The first weekend in February was the annual Boulder Mountain Tour. A skate ski race from Galena Lodge to the Sawtooth National Recreation Area Headquarters. Generally it's a race north of Ketchum that covers about 20 miles of skate ski trails and includes roughly 1000 people each year. The pro's usually complete it in just over an hour. I seem to manage just under two hours every time I've entered. This year Zach was my cheerleader and I felt a little more prepared after getting some technique lessons accomplished before hand. From a distance skate skiing to me always looks so easy but darn it every time I get out there it seems there is more ways to make it complicated then simple. At least that's how I feel when anybody over 60 is passing me by. It was however a beautiful day and the snow was generally fast for most skiers. Here's a few picks from my number one cheerleader :)

The amateur:




1 comment:

jeannie said...

Sarah, I respect your time so much. Erin and I just completed a few trails at Tahoe (she speedskating and I just shuffling along!). It's so not easy, but a great workout. You should be very proud of yourself. You're in great shape. The dogs (Luke and Wanda) loved it, no problem for them! xoxo