Monday, July 13, 2009

Girls Baldy Hike


This is why I love living here...there is sooo much to do outdoors! Sarah, Jenna, and I hiked Bald Mountain this past weekend. I had never done it. It seems like the major ski mountain in town is something I am always on. I have hiked up in the winter many times but had yet to hike in the summer. It was great to see the little details of the trail with a dog drinking fountain half-way up and viewing overlooks meticulously included into the trail. And of course more beautiful wildflowers! I have yet to learn all their names but am working on it. We have had a very wet summer thus far so it has made for some great mid-summer wildflowers. We enjoyed the views, the smells, and the friends as we climbed up to overlook the valley below. And the best part is you get to take the chair down for free after reaching the top!

Afterwards, we journeyed over to the Ketchum Arts Festival and feasted on homemade gazpacho and kettle corn. Lot's of treasures to find with paintings, jewelry, pottery, and more. It was a great Saturday with the girls :)

2 comments:

Darleen said...

That view is beautiful and those purple daisies! I really miss summer hikes.

jeannie said...

Beautiful pictures. The picture of you and your friends disappeared from the blog before I could check it out. What happened to it? Love hiking. Glad you share that love with me. xoxo