Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lily o' Lily


Lily, the Jack Russel, passed away last week and she could not be more missed. She was a full 13+ years old but had enough illness and surgery to last a lifetime. This dog had energy! Every time I went to Reno to visit I would take her for a run and she would practically run laps around anything I did.

Not to mention courage! One story I will never forget was when she charged right up to a horse we saw on the ditch trail and proceeded to bark and snip at it's hind legs. Frantically, I was yelling for her to stop and come! Unfortunately, the horse did exactly what it would to any other small annoying thing at it's heels and booted her about 30ft. into the air. I thought I had broken my parents dog! But not Lily! She shook her head and bounced back up ready to take the horse on for more. By that point I intercepted her and made sure to steer clear of any horse from then on.

Lily was a snuggler! She could weasel herself into any nook or under any arm rest that she could find. She loved to be covered in blankets and burry herself so you wouldn't even know something was in there. It was hilarious to see a moving blanket levitate across the floor.

I loved little Lily and will miss her when I make trips to Reno but I know she is in doggie heaven in a show down with a skunk somewhere.

2 comments:

jeannie said...

Oh, we miss her! She was a pistol, for sure. Luke doesn't quite know how to handle being "only dog" yet, but he's showing signs of perking up. Lily has many stories that will be told for a long time.

ian and sarah said...

Oh No! You know how partial I am to JRTs. Love one, love them all. RIP, sweet Lily.