Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Handmade Christmas

With December here I have been trying to gather ideas for Christmas gifts for family and friends. The slow economy hasn't made this easy as it has affected us all. But I don't want to loose the quality in the gifts I'm giving so I'm loading them with love! Ready or not I'm doing my best to make everything by hand this year. I thought I would share my ideas to help others that may need a few. Don't be shocked if one of these items turns up in your stocking.

Peppermint Bark: My favorite holiday treat is delicious
and always brings Christmas to mind.

Hand knit scarves: I've been knitting one for my mother. She wanted something cranberry red and black. She still wears one I made for her years ago.


Poppy Seeds: I have been collecting the poppy seeds from our garden for the last two summers and will give them out to family and friends to plant in their gardens this spring.


Tea: I love hot tea!
And nothing better then fresh tea dried with love for those around you.

Leg Warmers: How cute are these?
My next knit project will be for a pair that I might have to gift to myself.

Hopefully I don't run out of time to do all this! If your looking for me I might be frantically knitting late at night :) xoxo

2 comments:

Becky K. said...

Those are all such great ideas. Love it!

jeannie said...

Hi! Love all the ideas and love the fact that you are making your gifts. Can't wait to see my scarf! xoxo