Monday, December 14, 2009

The Pioneer Woman


A great friend of mine gave me "The Pioneer Woman's" cookbook for Christmas yesterday and I couldn't be more thrilled! In the kitchen I need all the help I can get and the more ideas the better. From this cookbook and my friend, I've discovered "The Pioneer Woman" blog and enjoyed all the insight, photographs, and stories. As I looked through the cookbook I realized there was more to this than just the recipes, there was a story of a woman and her transition from an urban life style into the rural west. Sound familiar?

Since becoming "Idaho Sarah" I have trodden down a similar path to the "Pioneer Woman". I've learned how to cut my own wood, hike up steep back country mountains with two sticks on my feet, stay camouflaged from ducks in the bitter cold, raft down wild rivers, sleep in a tent for almost a month, replace and grout an old tile floor, hate Nap weed, eat wild moose, and more! I've given up my trendy city clothes for heavy winter boots and a long down jacket. I've learned to eat potatoes at almost every meal (Zach's favorite). We have a yellow lab, love the mountains, and are constantly outside regardless of the weather. And I love it all! Living life has never been better since I turned into Pioneer Sarah :)

Thanks Jenna for the great cookbook and the reminder of why I'm grateful to live here!

4 comments:

Nik Kosach said...

This is Erin on Nik's computer, but I love this blog entry!! It makes me want to be Pioneer Erin;-)

coffee talk said...

You are much more than Pioneer Sarah. That's what makes you so awesome.

Becky K. said...

Wow...Now I am really going to have to check out the blog, and the cookbook!

Darleen said...

I Love pioneer woman. She's amazing and makes me want to live on a ranch with lots of horses. And I love to read up on her photography!