Monday, July 26, 2010

Not So Bad


I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to turning 31.  Thanks to my husband though it became a great day!  Zach, Lucy, and I headed North for the day behind Redfish Lake in the Sawtooth Mountains.  We took the boat shuttle across the lake at 9am and then had the mountains to ourselves.  We climbed about 2000 ft. to a series of lakes called, Saddleback.  Save for a few climbers on the "Elephant's Perch" (a well known climbing destination in our area) it was just us and the lake.  We had a nice lunch, some swimming, and a nap before casually heading down the mountain.  It's obvious why locals call this area "Shangri-la".  

I guess I learned being 31 is not so bad after all.  I know I wouldn't trade anything to go back in years just to save on some grey hairs.  Thanks to all my family and friends for making this birthday wonderful!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Nice swim shorts Zach. Looks like it was a beautiful day up there. I wish I could have joined. Happy 31st sis!! Glad you had fun!

jeannie said...

WOW! Beautiful. Love that area.. I remember well when we hiked with you there. Know you and Zach enjoyed your birthday. That would have been my first choice, too. oxox Mom