Monday, August 2, 2010

Biking out East Fork


Oh yes, we not only raft down the river we bike around it as well.  Zach has been anticipating the annual bike trip to the East Fork of the Salmon for a few months now.  15 or so friends gathered together for some fun in the sun, rain, and mud for a weekend of mountain biking around the White Cloud mountains.  I'm relieved to say I hung in there and even managed to earn the honors of "Queen of the Mountain" for making it up the summit first.  Going down the mountain, on the other hand, seems to be where I always perform my best acrobatics over my handle bars.  Needless to say I'm proud when I make it back from a ride with all my teeth :)  Zach managed to bike every day probably clocking over 50 miles!
At the campground some feral chickens seemed to have taken residence.  This provided us with hours of distress while we did our best to distract Lucy from chasing them down for dinner.  Her leash got shorter and shorter over the weekend.  I'm sorry to saw there were some casualties in the end luckily by some friends dogs and not our girl...we think.

The Stevensons made new parenting look easy with the twins for three days of camping and biking.  The babies seemed to love camping as much as their parents. 

Overall it was a gorgeous place to be for the past three days and there was a lot to see and do.  Goodness Idaho is a pretty state!

4 comments:

zach latham said...

Wow what a weekend! Sooo much fun biking, swimming and watching lightning, thanks for all of your help! Now on to scheming the next adventure ride....

Erin said...

Gorgeous photos! Looks like you had a wonderful time.

jeannie said...

OK, you and Zach win for most sports adventures in a 6 month period. the next 6 months will be amazing I'm sure. What a fun trip, beautiful scenery, and gutsy friends (bringing baby twins is truly courageous). Love your comments, too. oxoxo

Ali Agee said...

So, I am moving to Idaho whenever I get a chance so that I can stalk you and zach everywhere you go...and go mtn biking and skiing and do everything with you. Becuase reading your blog for 5 mintues makes me want your lives! I should be done with school within the next two years, see you then! haha