Monday, November 15, 2010

Closet Clean OUT

With only two bedrooms in our house it was inevitable that we were going to need to get rid of a few things to make room for the littlest member arriving this April.  It's amazing how much "stuff" you accumulate when you have the space.  Extra bags, fabric, coats, pillows, frames, hats, books, gadgets, sheets, you name it!  Zach was a trooper and managed to plow through his stuff overlooking any little sentimental value it may have held.  I was amazed!  He is usually so attached to everything I was actually convincing him he should keep a few things. 

I now have a car full of stuff to give away and it feels good to clean out all the "un-needed" items from our home.  How quickly I forgot that in my college years moving was a yearly event which naturally helped me get rid of things I didn't need.  Now that we are settled it seems we are much more relaxed about taking things into our spaces that don't make our lives necessarily richer. 

If your in town and interested in a "trunk show" stop by and visit our trash.  It may be your next treasure :)

2 comments:

jeannie said...

Been there, done that! It's definitely freeing and I love the extra space it creates, until we fill it again.

Darleen said...

can zach come over to my house and clean out my clutter. you are on the ball! I haven't even thought about how to make all the kids fit in this house.