Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ski Tired

We were busy with the December snow this past weekend.  Zach was on Baldy both days skiing with friends.  Lucy and I skate and classic skied out Quigley near our house over the weekend.  "Skate" skiing is a form of Nordic or Cross Country skiing where you glide along a relatively level ground with a short lightweight skinny ski.  "Classic" skiing is another form of Nordic or Cross Country skiing but this time you are in a designated track where your motion is more straightforward.  Imagine gliding while you walk with poles. 

On Saturday Lucy and I were joined by Jenna and her two doggies for a skate ski.  It's fun to see all the excitement from the dogs.  They act like they have been in cages for the good portion of the year.  Run, run, run!  They do their best to keep up with us when we are going down hills.  Lucy always tries to race me.  Once the hill runs out she usually wins :)  The best part about playing in the snow for Lucy is that not only are there endless amounts of snowballs to chase but she can eat them to her hearts content. 

Sunday Lucy and I headed out again to Quigley, this time for an attempt at classic skiing.  It was a beautiful sunny day with snow covering everything in sight.  It felt good to get my pregnant belly outside and enjoy some winter activities.  I promise I kept things mellow.  I was relieved to know I can do some physical activity outdoors this winter without going crazy.

Needless to say we were all tired from our weekend of skiing and Lucy managed to capture our exhaustion.

1 comment:

jeannie said...

That picture is beautiful! Glad you're able to enjoy the flat skiing. Me, too! oxox