Thursday, May 5, 2011

Firsts

Everyday he seems to have grown so much from the day before.  We are getting to know each other.  He is trusting that I will come if called.  I am learning that smiling may mean a diaper change is necessary.


Many firsts for our little man, Dax, but today was our first hike/walk.  I was so proud of him for being patient with mommy's incompetence when dealing with the Ergo for the first time (a.k.a. Baby Snuggler as some people call it).  Our friend, Sarah, was great in helping me attach the contraption to my chest and away we went.  Oddly, it wasn't to far off from being pregnant again and maybe that's why Dax felt so at ease. 

Wonderful to be outside and enjoy the warm weather!  I know Lucy appreciated it as well. 
After our hike I decided Dax was ready for his first big boy bath.  Our friend Megan has been amazingly generous and showed up at our door with a newborns dream tub yesterday.  Dax loved it!  And of course he was smiling right before letting loose in the tub.  If it wasn't before, it's broken in now.

5 comments:

jeannie said...

He has changed so much since I was there! You, too. You look amazing. So happy you are hiking again and Dax likes his snuggly contraption.

LaDuke Family said...

He is soooooo cute. I still think he looks just like a Lyle baby. With a lot of resemblance to you.

ian and sarah said...

Thanks for letting me tag along for Dax's first hike, he was such a trooper. And you do look amazing, Sarah.

Lyles said...

He is so darling! And I know what you mean about the snuggler, it took us awhile to get ours figured out too.

Anonymous said...

Wow great job, I didn't realize you were out and about already! I will have to join you nights or weekends!