Monday, May 23, 2011

Garden Buddy

The weather wasn't great this past weekend, scattered sun and showers, but we managed to get outside and enjoy while we could.  I was relieved to get into my garden beds and clean them up for the next growing season.  I'm thinking I'm going to grow most of the basics this year: lettuce, carrots, radishes, tomatoes, strawberries, onions, potatoes, squash, pumpkin, and all the herbs.
Notice Lucy's ball in the garden bed.  Nice try!
Zach spent a grueling day Saturday hauling dirt around our yard. Every year it seems our yard/garden get's a little better but it also seems like our work load becomes a little longer. My new garden buddy, Dax, makes it a lot harder to get outside so I'm naturally prioritizing what needs to be done.  No longer a leisurely gardener my little buddy has turned me into "speedy" the random gardner.  It won't be strange to see our yard in half finished projects throughout the summer.  That's ok, we will at least have a well fed Dax at the end of the season ;) 
The Dax man hard at work.


1 comment:

Erin said...

Looks beautiful. Glad the Dax man gets to get out now and then. Have fun gardening, makes me want one!