Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bike to Work

Last Friday was the annual bike to work day and the Wood River Valley doesn't disappoint.  The closest thing to Trick-or-Treating for adults this activity gets people out on their bikes to get to work.  Local vendors set up booths on the path offering free gifts for those biking by.  This year I scored chapstick, a waterbottle, and a brand new pair of Smith Sunglasses for Zach.  If I woke up a little earlier I might have included a backpack, hat, and bike tires to my bounty.  Waffles were being served at the Scott tent, and egg sandwiches at another. 

I've been enjoying the nice weather to commute with Dax to Ketchum when we can.  He likes to look around and comment on every bird he sees. 
A friend was riding his bike home the other day and said  hello to the elderly woman passing by.  I don't think she got the memo that a bike may be necessary when using the bike path. 

2 comments:

jeannie said...

Maybe her road bike was in the shop! ;).

jeannie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.