Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

Papa Bob & Sherri came for a visit over Labor Day weekend and we are so glad they did!

I think we managed to give them just the right amount of activities so they went to bed exhausted each night.  First, we rode our bikes from Hailey to Ketchum to watch the annual Wagon Days parade.  Just what it sounds like, wagons, horses, a camel, and a baby bison all strolled by in various arrangement.
The boys watching the parade plus cute Isla :)

The main attraction, the Big Hitch.

  A little rain shower and a flat tire didn't stop our bike posse from riding back home to Hailey.  That evening Jean cooked up a delicious meal of grouse hunted by Nick earlier that morning.
Dax with his two favorite Papa's.

Day 2 we headed out to Redfish Lake where we managed to escape the smoke from neighboring forest fires.  A picnic on the beach and lounging in the sun was a great way to spend the day.
Throwing stones in the water had never been more fun.

Zach and Dax yuck it up on the beach.

Day 3 was golf for Bob &Sherri, biking for Zach, shopping for the girls, and fishing for the guys.  Dax was battling a cold so he was lucky to stay with Papa Nick & Ya-ya (Jean) for the afternoon.

That morning Dax and I got in a little antique browsing when we happened upon some old toy cars.  Before I could stop him he had jumped in.   One sales lady had to ask me to remove my child from the car.  After I looked at the $500 price tag I understood why!
He literally climbed in before I could say "no, don't touch".  
 Another antique dealer was nice enough to allow Dax to climb on this miniature tractor.  Thank goodness because I was tired of tearing my child away from everything with wheels.
Just like Papa Nick's!


Loved seeing you Papa Bob & Sherri.  Come again!

No comments: