Friday, September 18, 2009

The beauty of Blog


My sister, Addie, has made Blog books before and I think it's a great idea! Turning your blog into a printed book for later reference or gifts for family/friends. Here's the site that she uses:
http://www.blurb.com/

When I started my blog (inspired by my friend, Darleen)I intended to post pictures and little stories for family to keep up with our happenings in Idaho. I never thought I would like blogging! Why would people post things online about themselves? Who would be interested? With all the new social networking capabilities: Facebook, Myspace, Twitter (still haven't gotten into this one), I have found a kind of simple pleasure in creating my own form of social expression.

After two years of blogging my blog has slowly grown into an online journal. It's great to look back and see how far we have come in our house, adventures, and life. And I love reading my friends, their friends, and creative people's blogs. It gives me inspiration and keeps me entertained. So I hope that my blog has managed to keep who ever is reading this inspired and entertained as I have been :) And don't forget to comment on blog postings. I never understood why you would do this until I realized I have NO idea who reads this and would love to know your out there :)

4 comments:

ian and sarah said...

Thanks for sharing, Sarah! I'm thinking of making one with the stories from our Europe trip last year. I used my blog as our travel journal so I'd love to put those entries into a book.

Erin said...

I love your blog Sarah. You do such a great job of documenting the highlights in your life. Love you!

Darleen said...

Let me know when you use Blurb. I've started making a book just haven't finished. It's actually one of my goals before the year ends. And of course I love your blog--it keeps me tabs on you!!

Kim said...

Thought I should introduce myself, as it appears you want to know who checks up on you and your blog. I am Sarah Sundby's mom. She has a link from her blog to yours and I find it interesting to read about her new friends and what is going on in SV. Hope that is ok. Maybe the next time we are in SV we will actually meet face to face.