Monday, November 9, 2009

Sick


Last Tuesday Zach and I came down with what we can only think was the 24hr flu! Terrible, is all I can say for a day of utter misery. We were paranoid that it might be the dreaded swine flu at first but were relived when we woke up the next day to relative normalness. We were so lucky to have my sister, Erin, on hand as our nurse for the day and mom, Jean, nearby to bring us chicken soup and fluids. Thank you! We were a wreck! I don't think there has ever been a time where I haven't wished for my mother to be near when I have been sick. And luckily we had a mom and a sister at our mercy. It's been almost a week now and I still feel like I'm recovering from that day. It slows you down and really makes you appreciate little things again. All of a sudden I am so grateful for every bite of food that wants to stick with me, being outside never felt better, and I am obsessed with cleanliness. Not that I wasn't before but now I look at everything and see germs. Erin has been a trooper and managed to put up with me despite my consistent fussing and organizing while she visits. Hopefully we won't be getting sick again for a LONG time....! For all those sick people out there, hang in there, and the best medicine of all is sleep.

1 comment:

jeannie said...

Sarah, so glad that you and Zach recovered so quickly. Mariah had the flu for about that length at school and they told her it was H1N1. Not sure if they tested for it though. Hope you are done with the flu for the season. Wish I could have been there to "hold your hair back". Love, Mom