Thursday, May 13, 2010

Organic Weed Killer

I had to share this garden tip because I've been searching for a sure fire way to kill the dandelions in our yard without digging every single one up!  In this week's Green Home Guide from the U.S. Green Building Council someone asked about a weed killer for dandelions that did not contain herbicides.


Answered by a LEED AP representative:
Burnout -- blend of cloves, vinegar and lemon juices.
It works fast and kills anything it touches -- it says that it won't kill nearby plants and the area can be seeded the next day. I had to use a second application for those tough older weeds, though.
The good news is that it is safe for our pets, children and helps with stormwater runoff pollution. But it does have a potent smell.

Happy Gardening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered some.
Kim (Sarah's mom)

Becky K. said...

That is amazing!! I am going to try that this weekend. Thanks!! :)