Monday, June 14, 2010

A Bridal Shower for Katherine


Last Friday I had the pleasure of hosting a bridal shower for my sister-in-law, Kat, with the help of her mother and our good friend, Megan.  Some 27 fine ladies joined us for the evening.  The weather was touch and go but I think it turned into a good gathering with friends and family.  I worried that I wouldn't be able to accommodate for everyone with enough chairs and socializing space in our little home. But people seemed comfortable and relaxed inside and out either on the sofa or at the fire pit.  Each lady sent me a recipe prior to the shower.  With the recipes I put together a cookbook as a gift for Katherine.  Then for the shower all the ladies brought their dish prepared for all to try.  It was a success with every woman feeling apart of the gathering with her special creation.

I gathered white lilacs before the shower and arranged them in vases all over the house.  It smelled simply wonderful in our house throughout the weekend.  Katherine wore a dress that belonged to her grandmother, Dorothy, and looked stunning in it's champagne detailing.



What fun and so glad we could all enjoy Katherine's upcoming wedding with a little food, friends, and good conversation.

3 comments:

jeannie said...

What a great idea for a shower. I love Kat's dress! She looks so beautiful. Dorothy must have been so happy that she wore it.

Erin said...

Wow!! Sounds amazing. Great work sis!. I am sure Kat loved every minute of it.

Kat and Bryan said...

What a beautiful Shower Sarah! Thank you! I had such a great time, your house looked amazing, the food was delicious. Thank you, Thank you!