Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pretty Umbrella

image from here

I can't say enough about how much I appreciated having three days off to focus on the house, the outdoors, and my husband this past weekend.  We were busy in the yard (when it was and wasn't raining) managing to finish off trimming out some berms in the front yard, digging up grass and dandelions, and putting in some much needed bark.

I was in the office a lot this weekend despite being a "holiday" but it felt nice to have the piece and quiet to catch up on some projects I've been meaning to tackle.

Some other activities we accomplished:
More morel hunting with Zach and Lucy
Willie's Birthday
A hike and brunch with some girlfriends
and sleeping in....ah...
when is the next paid vacation?

The rain has been ever present the past two to three weeks and even though everyone keeps saying "this isn't normal" I'm starting to think I might need to invest in a pretty umbrella to keep my rain jacket looking like it's in spring fashion :)

No comments: