Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Medium Shrimp

We have one!  At least that's what the baby book says is the relative size of our baby, 3 inches long today.  Next week we will move up to a lemon at 14 weeks.  Eventually we will have progressed from poppy seed to a pumpkin.  I think by the pumpkin stage I will be ready to give up all analogies.

This pregnancy has been far from easy for me in the first trimester!  I've learned that my sense of smell could crack any crime scene investigation, that sleeping is a MUST, and clothes are no longer a fashion statement but a way to go out in public without terrifying people, hopefully.  And most importantly morning sickness (despite it's name) does not limit itself to the morning!  I no longer can wake up with my morning cup of tea and ease into my day.  I'm now slave to my stomach and it's limitations throughout the morning, afternoon, and middle of night.  Whatever goes in and stays in is the best thing for me!  Although, I appreciate all the advice, I am way past soda crackers and ginger ale.

Despite my physical state and lack of "glow" we are still excited to be expecting a baby and feel very blessed to have this opportunity.  April 15th your taxes are due and so is our baby!  Ready or not, we are moving up to a lemon...:)

6 comments:

Christine said...

Congrats to you and Zach! I am so excited to meet the little shrimp.

Team Winslow said...

I cant wait to meet the new Latham Ski Coach for the the Winslows. Our little buddies with surely be best friends! Love you guys

jeannie said...

Can't wait to see this beautiful baby! You'll be wonderful parents. oxoxo

Sarah said...

Thanks everyone we are very excited but have a long road ahead of us :) xoxo

ian and sarah said...

A shrimp to a lemon in one week?
That's quite a growth spurt.

So happy for you two!

Lyles said...

Congrats! We're so excited for you guys! Hopefully the all day sickness will end soon. At least the end result makes all the sickness worth it!