Monday, October 25, 2010

Surprise Visit to Portland

I snuck away last Thursday to rendezvous with my sister in Portland on her birthday.  She didn't quite know I was making the trip so it was fun to surprise her.  I stayed in her great little apartment with her partner Nik and dog Wanda.  They were nice enough to share their space and time for the weekend.

 Erin and I did a run up to Washington Park and visited the rose garden.  I love how easily plants grow in Western Oregon!  It makes everything in my garden seem miniature in scale.


Amazingly the weather held out and we managed to get away with little rain and mostly blue skies.  We visited a pumpkin patch complete with corn maze and wandering chickens.



 We ate out at some delicious spots which are heavenly for a pregnant lady that isn't interested in cooking. 



A little shopping and an evening with their friends made for a fantastic surprise weekend!
Happy Birthday Erin!  Can't wait to visit again :)

1 comment:

jeannie said...

I know Erin was honored you came all that way for a surprise. Looks like a GREAT fun weekend. oxox