Monday, August 24, 2009

Born Lakes Hike


Zach, Lucy, and I headed north for a hike into the Born Lakes area of the White Cloud Mountain Range. I have only seen these magnificent peaks from a distance and had my first opportunity to hike in them this weekend. The name "White Clouds" seems more than appropriate because of the strong white & gray mountain tops that rise sharply out of the valley floor. There were lot's of streams and lakes along the way so Lucy could indulge in what we were calling her "puppy day-spa" behavior. Lounging was all to easy for her as hikers would pass by and comment how she made that look so comfortable.

After our hike we camped at Alturas Lake and enjoyed some delicious wine that I packed home from the Carmel Valley in California at the Bernardus Winery. I can't believe the last weekend in August is already here! Wow, summer is almost over....

2 comments:

jeannie said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm with Lucy on the lounging in the water. Looks great. xoxo

Erin said...

I miss Idaho. It's so purrty!