Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Garden of Plenty


We have been harvesting radishes and some lettuce for awhile but our carrots are coming in strong. And my goodness they taste good! It's so clear how eating fresh vegetables and fruit is soooo different then eating something that has been frozen and traveled hundreds of miles to reach your dinner table. Luckily, growing up with a mother who always had a little something growing taught me this difference. Zach snapped some photos of the carrots for me to remember for next year when I am replanting. My tomatoes are not looking great but I've learned to feed them more often since they are in pots. Our zucchini is taking over the south end of our little raised bed, while the snap peas and eggplant are a little more modest. I know Zach is going to be over joyed when we finally harvest our potatoes. I'm a little curious to see how these purple critters turn out myself :) I've learned so much this year finally having my own garden. It's so wonderful to see your labor of love pay off so deliciously!

2 comments:

Darleen said...

Sarah! I'm so jealous of your garden. I am for sure going to build my garden boxes next spring so I can have carrots and lettuce just like you.

jeannie said...

Hey, thanks for the nod to my attempts at veggie gardens. I have had some successes and some failures, but it is rewarding for sure. My tomatoe plants need some help with the "Black bottom rot" but otherwise mostly are turning out a few tomatoes. Hoping for a big crop soon! Good luck with yours!