Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ski the Rails

Saturday I headed out with Lucy in tow for a community event called, "Ski the Rails".  What was once the old railroad tracks through the Wood River Valley is now the summer bike path and winter ski trails.  It's a wonderful asset to the community and there is never a day where someone isn't out enjoying it's benefits. 
Lucy watching out of the back of the bus window.
Bus full of skiers heading to the start in Ketchum.

Ski the Rails is basically that.  People start out in Ketchum and ski down to Hailey (about 11 miles) to meet at the Sun Valley Brewery for music, food, and beer (or water in my case) afterwards.  Lucy and I joined Jenna, her husband, Willie, and their dog, June, for the bus ride up and ski back down to Hailey.  We classic skied and enjoyed the glide, sunny day, and treats along the way. 
Lucy and I at the start ready for action.
Jenna and I mid-way at a booth.
Finish line at the Sun Valley Brewery.
I was a little more then exhausted on Sunday but it was well worth the enjoyment of the day. 

No comments: