Monday, March 1, 2010

Mellow Back Country

 
 




February feels like April lately in Idaho!  Zach and I headed out for a little back country skiing this past Sunday to soak up what we could before the season is over.  Borrowing Nick & Jean's snowmobiles made it a lot easier to access the good spots still fluffy with powder.  Unfortunately, I forgot my skins so we couldn't hike up some great slopes!  Good thing I have such a nice husband and he just laughed it off with me.  We did manage to make some turns and luckily could use the snowmobiles to get us back up and out.

It's been a very mild winter in our neck of the woods.  Doesn't make it easy to here that the east coast and the southern US have been getting hammered with winter weather.  Must have been Vancouver sending the Olympic pressure our way :)

2 comments:

ian and sarah said...

Looking good, Sarah!

Darleen said...

Powder! Ahhh...that looks heavenly!