Monday, March 29, 2010

Mushroom Ridge


Zach and I had a great backcountry ski tour yesterday near Mushroom Ridge.  Just North of Galena Lodge (where we were married) you can hike UP an accessible mountain ridge to peaks galore.  Generally, towards the end of the season I would have found this tour somewhat easy but with the general lack of snow fall and odd avalanche conditions I tended to stick to Baldy for skiing.  Thus I was out of backcountry shape.  Zach obviously, had no problem getting out in the backcountry and seemed to float up Mushroom ridge line.  Once we made it to the top it was corn skiing to the bottom and then a roller coaster of bumps and jumps to the car.  Good times and I'm lucky I have a husband who is willing to slow down for water breaks :)

1 comment:

zach latham said...

Great day, thanks so much for going, I had a blast skiing with you!!