Monday, March 22, 2010

Mt. McGown


With his harness and ice axe, Zach was eager to put his new gear to good use.  Zach, Willie, Matt W. and Matt M. left our house at 5:30am yesterday to climb Mt. McGown, 9,830ft, in the Sawtooth Mountain Range above Stanley Lake.  I don't know the exact climbing time but I do know when they returned home it was at 5:30pm (12 hours later).  I'm pretty sure they had a great time and are exhausted today!  Glad they made it home safely!


* All the photos are taken by Zach.  Except the picture of the lake I found on the internet to show perspective of the mountain they climbed. 

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, I am really impressed with Zach's skills. Buddy, be careful out there. Don't do anything crazy!

jeannie said...

Looks like Zach has conquered his fear of heights! Those mountains look HUGE! Great pictures by Zach, as usual. xoxo

Darleen said...

Can Zach please be Seth's friend? He needs a playmate.