Monday, January 3, 2011

Under the Weather

Since last Tuesday I have been fighting a cold that seemingly had it's grip on me.  Knocking out all my energy, sinuses, throat, and breathing makes it that much more difficult to be pregnant.  Boo hoo :(  But luckily I had lot's of support and am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel today.

Zach's mom, Jean, came by every day with chicken noodle soup, oranges, drinks, books, and cheer.  She even brought dinner for Zach so I wouldn't have to worry about feeding him.  What a woman!  Zach's sister, Katherine, ran by the drug store for me TWICE to pick up some approved medicine.  Jenna brought over soup, bread, and books to read.  And Zach put up with me coughing non-stop for the past week.  Hope I can return the generous help next time someone else is sick.  It truly kept me going.

Despite being sick I managed to make my mom's New Years black eyed peas with slang-jang (tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumbers, and onion salad) for good luck.

Zach got the sore throat part of my cold but it barely stopped him from skiing everyday this past weekend in negative degree temperatures with friends.  It was hard for me not to be envious of all the fun he was having when I was stuck at home but I'm really glad he got out of the house and wasn't forced into my misery.  His favorite ritual before heading out to ski is making his eggs and hashbrowns a la' our wood stove.


Can't wait to get out of the house tomorrow and start the road to recovery :)  Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year Holiday!

4 comments:

jeannie said...

Get well, Sweetie. Glad you have so much help there. Wish I could be there to help you, too. oxox

Erin said...

So sorry your sick. Booo:-( Get well soon.

ian and sarah said...

Happy New Year, friends. Sarah, hope you are feeling better and back to your spunky self SOON! xoxo

Darleen said...

sorry to hear you've been sick. it's hard when you are pregnant because it takes forever to get over. All the goods are going to the baby, not you.